You’ve decided to step into the 21st century and learn about web design to build a web site for your business. You’ve done the research. You know what steps you have to take. You know all about the dos and the don’ts for web design. Now it’s time to start and you break out in sweat and forget everything you’ve researched. It totally escapes you where to start. You start longing for a book that show you step-by-step, with pictures, hopefully how to do this. Well, guess what? There is such a thing out there as sites that will give you step-by-step instructions on how to build a web page.
Here are some of the top five sites that can help you in your quest to take web design and make your own web page. They will walk anyone through the process of using web design and make it look easy.
- Computer Arts Magazines – this British magazine has a great tutorial site that will walk you through the steps.
- N.Design Studio – they have tutorial sites that are simple, most say.
- Blog.SpoonGraphics – here users can learn about illustrator, Photoshop and other great tools.
- A List Apart – this is more of a how-to article site for users
- Nettuts – they offer tutorials for new web developers and advanced.
There are also sites available for users where they can base their web design on pre-made templates that the host provides. This can be an advantage to the new-web designer and take some of the stress out of doing your first web design. If even with the help of the tutorials someone feels still not as comfortable as they would like in building their own web page then this may be an alternative for them.