Everyone has to start somewhere when performing their very first web design for a web page. But it is unavoidable that eventually some will make mistakes that detract from the overall appeal of the viewer to their site. The best way to avoid this is to know what not to do before you do it in your web design. There are some mistakes that would be though to be obvious and others that are easily overlooked but all are easily fixable.
Top Five Mistakes
- Avoid including anything in your web design that looks like advertising. Studies have show that anything remotely resembling advertising will immediately loose the interest of a viewer.
- Avoid banners in your web page. These too can look to viewers like an advertising ploy and will send them away.
- Animation – most animation is once again viewed as either advertising or a pop-up so it will send a viewer scurrying away from your web page.
- Pop ups are definite no-no’s in a web design. These, much like animation, make a viewer nervous and will send them awa
- Browser windows – making viewers open browser windows in your web page is also a no-no. This too gets seen as another form of advertising.
So the top web design mistakes are seemingly based in the same area…viewers want nothing to do with anything that remotely resembles advertising in your web page. Studies show that web pages that have too much or sometimes any advertising in their web design are quickly clicked past.
These web design mistakes were closely followed by the inability for the viewer to contact the web page owner. Viewers found it very frustrating if the web owner made contact too difficult. So incorporating in your web design a simple means of contact will breed a better relationship with viewers.